On Saturday, April 6, after our SIG Business Meeting and Reception, join us for the AERA 2019 Motivation in Education SIG Dinner Social! It will be held from 8:30‐10:30 p.m. at Walrus Pub and Beer Hall (187 Bay St.) in their Pong Bar (http://donnellygroup.ca/walrus/). It’s only a short 10-minute walk from where our business meeting is located, and the cost for the event is US$38.
For our event, we have exclusive use of The Pong Bar, which includes our own bar, ping pong table, and shuffleboard table. Delicious dinner bites (sliders, tacos, pizza, empanadas, coconut shrimp, caprese skewers, and more) and an alcoholic drink ticket are included with entry. And most important, your friends will be there! We want our senior scholars and students to come enjoy this important social event. Please consider covering the cost of at least one person who might need financial support.
To register for the SIG dinner, please follow these steps:
- Log into “My AERA.”
- Regardless if you have registered already or not, click on “Register and Reserve a Hotel Room Now” under the heading “2019 AERA Annual Meeting.”
- You will see your profile information. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Continue >>”.
- On the registration site page, click on the 4th tab from the left: “Events (ALL).”
- Find “Motivation in Education SIG Dinner” and click on “View Details” on the right.
- A new window should pop up. Select the number of tickets you would like to purchase and click “Reserve.”
- You should be returned back to the registration page, and your shopping cart should reflect your reserved ticket(s).
- Click “Checkout now.”
- A new window should pop up with fields for you to enter your payment information and email address.
- Click “Process Payment.” You will receive a (updated) receipt in your email, and it should also appear on the main registration page.
- Note that when you pick up your badge at the annual meeting, you should also receive your Dinner Ticket then. Please bring these to the Dinner Social on April 6.
There is limited space available, so please sign up today!
If you have questions, please contact Carlton Fong ([email protected]).