Network Gender & STEM Conference 2020, Sydney, Australia
The Network Gender & STEM Conference 2020 will be held Thursday, July 30, 2020 – Saturday, August, 1, 2020 at the University of Sydney – Camperdown Campus.
The 2020 Network conference represents a partnership with the STEM Teacher Enrichment Academy to bring together researchers, educators, policymakers, industry representatives and the public to interrogate person-in-context influences towards, or away from, diverse STEM pathways across stages and settings. What are the needs for the STEM workforce of 2030? New, interdisciplinary diverse are transforming work and education policy and practice in response to social and environmental challenges and technological advancement. What is the role of STEM for the new work order, and how can we engage and prepare all young people including girls and women?
Themes will include:
- individual, family, teacher and peer processes which impact STEM engagement ad participation;
- key factors and good practices to promote vs deter STEM engagement and learning within school, university and workplaces;
- positive action measures: STEM initiatives, schemes, networks and organisations;
- developments in STEM & preparing workers for the future;
- the role of higher education institutes, government, industry, public policy and career development policies to enhance women’s and men’s participation in STEM research, commercialisation and public impact.
The STEM Teacher Enrichment Academy will be held on Thursday, July, 30, 2020.
A focused one-day event will be run in parallel with the Network Gender & STEM Conference to support teachers implementing STEM approaches in schools. While also focusing on the needs of a STEM workforce and the role schools might play to prepare students for the new work order, the STEM Teacher Enrichment Academy will provide opportunities for teachers, school leaders, school system personnel and policymakers to share successful STEM practices, and learn about the latest research into STEM education. Participants are welcomed to additionally attend the Network conference.
For more information about the Enrichment Academy, please contact Judy Anderson at email@example.com
The conference flyer can be found here Network Gender & STEM Conference 2020 Flyer.