Here’s the one-stop page for all things #motsig20 at #AERA20 in San Francisco, CA.
- Google Sheet with the 2020 Schedule of ALL #motsig20 events and affiliated sessions can be found here. Follow the discussion on Twitter with #motsig20 and @AERA_MotSIG.
- Our MotSIG Business Meeting is scheduled for Monday evening, April 20, 6:15pm – 8:15pm, at the Moscone Center (South Building), Level 3, Room 303. Come hear recent news, award announcements, and more! Note that there will be no refreshments provided at this year’s Business Meeting in order to subsidize tickets for the Social. Please plan your meals accordingly and join us for our Dinner and Social right after!
- Buy tickets for the #motsig20 dinner and social! Instructions to register for the event here.
- AERA 2020 Motivation in Education SIG Invited Keynote Session: Motivated for Societal Change: Critical Perspectives on Race, Class, and Opportunity in Motivation Research, will feature Claude Steele, Mesmin Destin, and Elan Hope. Session Moderator: DeLeon Gray. Date/Time: Sun, April 19, 2:15 to 4:15pm. Location: Moscone Center, South Building, Level Two, Room 211. For more information, please contact DeLeon Gray at email@example.com.
- In-progress Research & Networking Event for Graduate Students: Want to participate in professional peer networking organized around shared research interests? The Motivation SIG Graduate Student Committee is hosting a graduate student event for networking and sharing in-progress research at AERA on Saturday, April 18th from 4:05-6:05 PM PST.
- Conversation with a Motivation Researcher & Motivation Mentors Program: We’re looking for professor nominations for our Conversation with a Motivation Researcher event. Graduate students, please let us know which faculty members you would like to see host these small group discussions. We are also looking for individuals to sign up for the Motivation Mentors program to be a Grad student Mentor to a first-time AERA attendee or to be mentored by a senior Mot SIG Grad student. Signups for both events can be found here.
- AERA ECR Events: Please mark your calendars for the third annual ECR social and networking event! This year’s event will be held on Sunday, April 19th beginning at either 5:00 or 5:30 pm. We are still finalizing the location, and we will announce more details as soon as they become available.
- Second, please consider attending our panel titled “Better Mentors: A Workshop for Early-Career Motivation Scholars” on Friday, April 17th from 12:00-1:30 pm. We have an excellent group of panelists at various career stages with complementary expertise on how to effectively mentor undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdocs in the context of conducting motivation research. Although the panel will be tailored to ECRs, we expect it to be helpful to scholars at other stages of their careers and all are welcome!